Property management is an industry bogged down by inefficient processes and misaligned incentives that create a poor service experience for owners (NPS 8). Today, technology is decoupled from operational processes, such as scheduling showings, back-and-forth communication and managing repairs. Additionally, property managers overpromise on rental prices to get people to sign and have no consequence for slow tenant placement, while owners have months of vacancy and lost income. These inefficiencies lead property-management incumbents (NPS 8) to have a 43-day vacancy average, much of which is unnecessary. This leads to an $86 billion annual economic waste in the U.S. alone.
Doorstead (DRE# 02089344) is pioneering a new class of risk-free property management (i.e. iRenting) that allows landlords to get a rental offer within hours. This upfront guarantee regardless of occupancy (e.g.: $5,500/mo starting in 28 days) is disrupting the property management industry with big data and technology operations. The company uses modern data science to efficiently model risk alongside operations technology that enables consistent high-quality service at scale. Doorstead eliminates vacancy risk, makes the market more efficient and gives property owners true peace of mind.
This Account Executive role will own the full tenant sales cycle from first contact to signing a lease. We’re looking for a sales lead with a passion for real estate, excellent communication and negotiation skills, process-oriented thinking, and a desire to join a fast-paced high-growth startup.
- Owning the full tenant sales cycle from contact to signing
- Managing our tenant sales CRM and pipeline
- Managing support staff who will qualify prospective tenants and schedule them for showings
- Working with field associates who will be performing showings
- Engaging with prospective tenants
- Negotiating rental offers, building alignment, and drafting leases
- Signing and closing tenants
- Working closely with the operations team and sales team to build and improve our sales processes to drive toward a world-class customer experience
- Meeting and exceeding personal and team goals
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant sales experience as a top performer
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle high volume and manage your own time
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable using online platforms and fluent in CRM and pipeline management
- Natural ability to empathize with a prospective tenants’ context through effective questioning and listening
- Growth-mindset and passion for continuously improving, highly coachable with ability to self-reflect, internalize, and apply feedback
- Quick learner with ability to adapt and take initiative in a high-level in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
- Ability to think critically about how our team can continually improve scalable processes
- Positive attitude, delivers on commitments, and enjoys working with a close-knit team
- Experience in property management or real estate is a plus. Desire to get a real estate salesperson license or is licensed is a plus.