Doorstead is pioneering a new class of risk-free property management (i.e. iRenting) that allows landlords to get a rental offer within hours. This upfront guarantee regardless of occupancy (e.g.: $5,500/mo starting in 28 days) is disrupting the property management industry with big data and technology operations. The company uses modern data science to efficiently model risk alongside operations technology that enables consistent high-quality service at scale. Doorstead eliminates vacancy risk, makes the market more efficient and gives property owners true peace of mind.
Property management is an industry bogged down by inefficient processes and misaligned incentives that create a poor service experience for owners (NPS 8). Today, technology is decoupled from operational processes, such as scheduling showings, back-and-forth communication and managing repairs. Additionally, property managers overpromise on rental prices to get people to sign and have no consequence for slow tenant placement, while owners have months of vacancy and lost income. These inefficiencies lead property-management incumbents (NPS 8) to have a 43-day vacancy average, much of which is unnecessary. This leads to an $86 billion annual economic waste in the U.S. alone.
The Customer Happiness Associate role will be part of our Owner Operations team and will interface directly with our property owners to help provide a first-class experience. We’re looking for an associate with experience in real estate, deep empathy for our property owners, excellent communication skills, flexible thinking, and a strong desire to join a fast-paced high-growth startup.
- Building long-term relationships with property owners centered on trust and alignment
- Owning the relationship from signing to happy customer
- Welcoming and guiding owners through the onboarding process
- Scheduling key pick-ups and inspections
- Keeping owners informed on their property status
- Building strong relationships and rapport based on trust & transparency
- Working closely with a close-knit partnerships team to develop a smooth transition process
- Working closely with operations team to ensure that owners are always informed about the state of their property and tenants
- Meeting and exceeding personal and team goals
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience as a top performer
- Experience and passion in property management and real estate is a big plus
- High EQ with ability to naturally build rapport and relationships with property owners
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable using online platforms and fluent in CRM and pipeline management
- Natural ability to empathize with a prospective owner’s context through effective questioning and listening
- Growth-mindset and passion for continuously improving, highly coachable with ability to self-reflect, internalize, and apply feedback
- Quick learner with ability to adapt and take initiative in a high-level in a fast-paced constantly changing environment
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle high volume and manage your own time
- Ability to think critically about how our team can continually improve scalable processes
- Positive attitude, delivers on commitments, and enjoys working with a close-knit team
- Strong desire to take ownership, build long-term relationships, and help us become a national brand